CIRM is the principal international association for marine electronics companies.
Members include manufacturers, suppliers, system integrators, repair/maintenance service providers, and other related businesses.
CIRM exists to promote the application of electronic technology to the safety-of-life at sea and efficient conduct of vessels, facilitating productive relationships between all stakeholders concerned with electronic aids to marine navigation, communications and information systems.
- Promotes the interests of the marine electronics industry on an international basis
- Enables members to participate in the development of international regulations and standards
- Delivers technical/industrial advice to the international regulatory organisations (IMO, ITU, ISO, IEC, etc.)
- Provides a specialist information service for members
- Offers private forums for members to exchange information and business opportunity